How many of you truly love water? I am not a big fan, although I know that I need to be. My preference is bubbly water as in Perrier or San Pelligrino. The problem is it is not always available so...I want to drop this recipe for Sassy Water borrowed from Christina of Carolina Charm. I plan to make a batch for the new year. Let me know how it goes for you, I want to hear the results. Happy Wednesday!
Sassy Water
Looking for a way to perk up those 8 glasses of water that you should be drinking every day? Look no further…I present to you Sassy Water! Not only is it tasty, but sassy water is touted as a way to help you shed some extra pounds around your midsection by eliminating a buildup of contaminants, fat, and excess water weight.
You Will Need:
{8 ½} cups water
{1} teaspoon grated ginger
{1} medium cucumber, sliced thin
{1} large lemon, sliced thin
Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher and refrigerate overnight.
{12} mint leaves
The next morning, strain and drink all 8 ½ cups throughout the day.
Repeat for 4 days in a row...trying your best avoid any other beverages (coffee, soda, alcohol, etc.)
Why it works: Cucumber is natural diuretic, and helps the body release stored excess water. Ginger boosts metabolism and helps calm and soothe your GI tract.
We all need a little help to get us started in the right direction. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment